1. Meeting with the customer
In this phase, we determine what the customer needs and develop project specifications together. It’s now that we find the answers to the following questions:
- Which target group are you aiming at, amateurs or professionals?
- What is the subject – technical, legal, IT, etc.?
- Where is the target market and who is your audience – local, national, or international?
- What is the purpose of the text – for publication or information purposes?
- What deadlines need to be set for the translation?
- What reference material is available – previous translations, preferred terminology, style guidelines, etc.?
- Which document formats are to be used – DOC, XLS, PDF, RTF, etc.?
It is best that for the duration of the project, the customer designates a contact person who will be available to discuss any ambiguities that may arise during the translation process.
2. Deadlines and necessary tools
In conjunction with the customer, our project managers will set deadlines within the project period to ensure its timely completion. They will also determine which CAT tools are best used.